All Soul Graveyard for $8 and Under 10 minutes

We are getting ready to do Our All Saints and All Souls Celebration at our home-schooling group. Our celebration will happen on All Souls Day after 1st Friday Mass.  We will have Our All Saints -- Guess Who contest and lots of games but we will start out with special prayers for the Departed Souls and Litany of the Saints.We got the idea of having the 4 tombstones for our graveyard as a part of our All Saints celebration from Catholic Culture.

Since I moved south, I didn't bring with me the tombstones/graveyard that I had made for our other home school group. So now, I had to make another one since our church doesn't have a graveyard on site.

 I was thinking of a complicated method  until I went to the Dollar tree today and I found these: 


Than I did this: 
You will need 4 for the tombstones of Departed Family, Friend, Clergy and Unforgotten Souls.
And a print out of the tombstones labels
(I got the clip art from Sanctus Simplicitus)


I also got the blank white candles at Dollar Tree, so that we can light them as we say a
Requiem aeternam dona ei (eis), Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei (eis). Requiescat (-ant) in pace Amen.
 Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Did you that a partial indulgence, applicable only to the souls in purgatory, can be obtained when the Eternal Rest (Requiem aeternam) is prayed.

Once again you need 4 candles and printout of the candle labels
(picture comes from here)

And than I finished :



So now I have our graveyard for $8s and less than 10 minutes to make.


At each tombstone lay red berries and an evergreen branch to symbolize the passion of Christ which wrought eternal life for us.


Here is also the Litany of Saints and Eternal Rest Prayer to printout to pray.


Have a Blessed Weekend...


Comments

Anonymous said…
Ceci! What a great way to cheaply make the tombstones/graveyard for All Saints and All Souls Celebration... I admire your craftiness, especially that which is for the Faith
Love, Isa

Popular Posts