Keep Love in Lent


"I’m participating in the Keeping LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013, hosted by
Raising (& Teaching) Little SaintsTruly Rich Mom and Arma Dei: Equipping Catholic Families. We'll be sharing different ways, tips, stories and real-life experiences that will help us focus on Lenten sacrifices, prayer and good deeds, and how to carry them out with LOVE instead of a GRUMBLE. Please scroll down to the end of the post to see the list of link-up entries.”


Making it personal to Love Him.

I feel the call this lent to make it as personal and real to live out Christ's love for us. It is also the first time in my whole life that I have done a fast and I have finally learn to  offer it together with love for others, love for Holy Father and Priest and Love for the Church. (pray&fast)

We are going to try to put together a Live Station of the Cross for the kids with the homeschooling group.

We started to meet on Fridays, to do a Holy Hour for Repartion for Boys and Girls . I was just taken by how profound  this is for the kids and myself. I felt such love for Him at church when we were doing this for watching the children love Him and listening to their voices asking for reparation for our sins and the whole world. 

Love is so real , Love is Christ!

After searching for the right script for a Live Stations of the Cross, I found this great book:
A Children's Play of the Station of the Cross (here are some sample pages) . I like how it is simple and she also gives you ideas how to stage it, easy costumes, and how you can adapt it to your group's needs.

How do we really make it real for them, personal for them, so that They can truly feel and know His Love?






Check out the Lent reflections participating in the Keep LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013! We'll be sharing different ways, tips, stories and real-life experiences that will help us focus on Lenten sacrifices, prayer and good deeds, and how to carry them out with LOVE instead of a GRUMBLE.
Discover new Catholic Blogs to follow!



Comments

Unknown said…
I've been looking for a way to get the children familiar with the stations of the cross. Thanks for the play idea!
Unknown said…
Ooo, I love the live Stations of the Cross idea! Thanks for the suggested book. (Also, your kids are beautiful! And your photos of your trip to Mexico City are absolutely lovely.)

Regina
http://www.alivinggarden.com
Kim said…
I think I'm going to have to purchase the Holy Hour book. It looks like something my kiddos could benefit from. God bless!
Unknown said…
Thanks for this post, my dear. I'm hoping to organize a live Stations of the Cross for our homeschool group soon, too. :) Thank you, too, for joining the link-up! God bless you and yours always! :)
Katie said…
I love the idea of having the kids do living stations! We pray the stations every morning before school.

BTW- I love your header picture . . . your kids are so cute!
noreen said…
Hi my sweet friend! I was happy to see you on my "Follow Frenzy" list but truth be told, I'd have come over to say hello anyways!

Congrats on your successful fasting! It's hard to deny ourselves because we have so much! It's counter intuitive to our society. We want more and more...never satisfied. Not the way of Jesus at all! Praise God that He's instituted Lent through Holy Mother Church, or else we'd all fall by the wayside!!

May God bless His church and raise up holy men and women to keep our faith strong!
Cheryl said…
Stopping over from the Keep Love in Lent link-up...

I've wanted to do a really good fast for Lent for a couple of years. Today I was listening to Relevant Radio and the host, Drew Mariani, was talking about how fasting really awakens you on a new level to the spiritual. Although I give up meat on Fridays and Wednesdays, I feel called to do more.

My son's school does a Living Stations of the Cross. It is so meaningful to the kids who participate and to all the people who attend. What a wonderful idea to put on a Living Stations with your homeschool group! I wish we had a Catholic homeschool group in this area; I know my daughter would love doing it.

Wishing you a meaningful Lenten season.

Cheryl
http://www.diary-of-a-sower.blogspot.com
Martianne said…
Oo. Thank you for the book recs. They both look great. I also love the Story of the Cross. I just read it with my kids while doing stations at our church today as a part of our Stations focus this year. I listed lots of other resources and links for Stations at http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2013/02/stations-of-cross-round-up.html if you are interested.
Chris said…
What a lovely blog you have here!
Thank you for all the recommendations. St of the Cross tip is wonderful.

I hope to see you around the blogosphere...I just went over to LIKE your Hair bows page....Keep up the great work and God bless!
your children are lovely,Truly they have been loved and they are reflecting your love and the love of Jesus back to you. All the practices are really second nature to them for unless we come to Jesus like a little child and let them TEACH US, we cannot enter the king dom of God-
St. Matthew
Kendra Tierney said…
Thanks for the recommendations. And what a lovely quote in your header! Have a wonderful Lent!
Unknown said…
I love what you are doing for Lent with the kids! I'm discovering that if I remember to pray when Sacrifice is hard...it makes Lent easier and more fruitful. Sometimes I pray...for the reminder to pray when I start to struggle and that really helps!

Popular Posts