Thoughts for Tuesday


One of my books that I am reading is about St.Josemaria, the founder of Opus Dei, called: The Founder of Opus Dei; The Life of Josemaria Escriva Volume I: The Early Years . What a book. Amazing really. There was something yesterday that I read that has been on my mind a lot and there is a lot of depth to it. I wonder what your thoughts would be.
Even back when I was a child, I thought so often about the fact that there are many good souls who have to suffer so much in this world-sorrows of every type: reversals of fortune, family calamities, the trampling of their legitimate pride. At the same time, I could see other people who did not seem to be good (though I'm not saying they weren't, because we don't have a right to judge anyone), for whom everything was going just great. But then, one fine day, it occurred to me that even the very evil do some good things, although they don't do them for supernatural motives, and I realized that God in some way has to reward them on earth, since he won't be able to reward them in eternity. Then I thought of the old saying, " They also feed the ox that will go to the slaughterhouse."

There is so much to think about in this short passage. The book also has as a footnote this: It was a meditation of 4 Feb. 1962, Josemaria had not yet discovered the deep meaning of suffering, which in The Way (no.699) he would express thus:" Cross, toil, tribulation: such will be your lot as long as you live. That was the way Christ followed, and the disciple is not above his Master."

If you had the chance to see the movie There Be Dragons, you would get a closer understanding of how much Josemaria suffer.

I don't want my reward on earth. I want it with God in eternity. I don't think St.Josemaria was saying that those who have a good fortunate on Earth are doing evil but its true when you think about many who do evil but nothing happens to them or their lives seem so perfect.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts