Perfection for Mamas

I found this great book online (not the full book as of yet) but enough thoughts in just one page (there is more than one page)..


Counsels of Perfection for Christian Mothers by Monsignor P. Lejeune and translate by Francis A. Ryan.


I can't say much because its just full of aww and wonder and I am just few pages in. I feel the need to read and read and read again the same page. I also feel that he wrote this just for me and only me.


What is perfection? Here is what he wrote: "My daughters, I trust that the definition of perfection which I shall give, will sink deeply into your hearts. Perfection is accomplishing the will of God in a constant and generous fashion. That person, then is perfect who does at every instant what God wishes."


Yeah.. wow.. But before hand he also writes something that just took my breath away..

He writes: "When Saul's servants sought David in his house, Michol, laying a statue in his bed, and covering it with his clothes, made them believe it was David himself: thus many persons, by covering themselves with certain external actions make the world believe that they are truly devout, whereas they are in reality nothing but statues and phantoms of devotions."


He finishes the first chapter with a prayer that Mme. Elizabeth, sister of Louis XVI, said every morning and he charges us to repeat it everyday.


"My God, what will happen to me today, I do not know; but I do know that nothing will happen to me which Thou hast not foreseen and ordained for my greater good. I accept, then, Thy thrice holy will; I submit myself to it, and desire to delight in it despite all the revolts of my reason, and the repugnances of my nature."


Who is an example of a perfect woman?

Comments

Gardenia said…
A beautiful post. we all need encouragement that perfection is atainable, and to hear that that is achieved through following the will of God is comforting. I will have to look up this book. thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts