The Hand of God

Many of you might of heard of Dr. Bernard Nathanson, the obstetrician and leading pro-abortion advocate who changed his views on abortion and later converted to Catholicism, died February 23 at the age of 84.

He wrote this unbelievable book called: The Hand of God: A Journey From Death to Life by the Abortion Doctor Who Changed His Mind."

Dr. Nathanson was the director of the Center for Reproductive and Sexual Health in New York City. In his two years in that position, he oversaw some 60,000 abortions. In addition, he performed some 5000 abortions with his own hands in private practice, and supervised residents in training who performed another 10,000 abortions and worst of all, he even aborted his own son.

In The Hand of God, Dr. Nathanson writes, "I have aborted the unborn children of my friends, colleagues, casual acquaintances, even teachers" (p.61). He also aborted his own child. He writes, "Yes, you may ask me...[W]hat did you feel? Did you not feel sad -- not only because you had extinguished the life of an unborn child, but, more, because you had destroyed your own child? I swear to you that I had no feelings aside from the sense of accomplishment, the pride of expertise. On inspecting the contents of the bag I felt only the satisfaction of knowing that I had done a thorough job. You pursue me: You ask if perhaps for a fleeting moment or so I experienced a flicker of regret, a microgram of remorse? No and no. And that, dear reader, is the mentality of the abortionist: another job well done, another demonstration of the moral neutrality of advanced technology in the hands of the amoral" (pp.60-61).
My friends, with God nothing and I am mean nothing is impossible. His man went from killing innocent babies to being a big pro-life advocate and to find the beauty of the Catholic Church. He described himself as a Jewish atheist, and he converted to Catholicism in 1996, with the aid of Opus Dei priest Father C. John McCloskey , read his book review. He was baptized that year by Cardinal John O’Connor in St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York on the feast of the Immaculate Conception.


Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

Comments

Tiffany said…
I recently heard this man's story and conversion...An absolute and amazing miracle. It just proves nothing is impossible for God and we should never cease praying, growing ever stronger in perseverance. God Bless you and thank you for sharing!
Gardenia said…
this is an incredible story -- how a man with such emptiness in his soul can be filled with the love and joy and forgiveness of Christ. With God, all things are possible indeed. thanks for sharing this story.

Popular Posts