My Lent...

"We are at the beginning of Lent: a time of penance, purification and conversion. It is not an easy program, but then Christianity is not an easy way of life. It is not enough just to be in the Church, letting the years roll by. In our life, in the life of Christians, our first conversion — that unique moment which each of us remembers, when we clearly understood everything the Lord was asking of us — is certainly very significant. But the later conversions are even more important, and they are increasingly demanding. To facilitate the work of grace in these conversions, we need to keep our soul young; we have to call upon our Lord, know how to listen to him and, having found out what has gone wrong, know how to ask his pardon…"
St. Josemaria; Christ is Passing By, 57

Lent...

I always look forward to Lent...

What will I give up? What extra things will I do? How will I grow in my relationship with Christ?


There are some thoughts in my head with these questions..

(I write them out for it actually helps me be more accounted for since its out in the open but for nothing more than that.)


I will be less on the computer

(email check morning & afternoon, 10mins top, even have my own timer)


Have that heroic moment as St. Josemaria says.. getting up at the 1st sound of the alarm..

(that's a tough one for me)


Skipping those extras in meals, drinks, time wasted on those little things...


Spend more time in front of Christ, one on one...

I have to show Him my love for Him..

I have to be a witness to my children how much I love Him..


Confess my sins more often... Just have to make that time..


Doing work of Mercy...

I am really thinking about this one that I can bring the kids..

There is a poor nursing home near us that just doesn't get any attention at all..


What better than getting the Divine Mercy pray than during Lent..

we need all the Mercy God can give us...


Station of the Cross..

(one my favorite..)

A few years ago we made our own little stations of the cross.. I couldn't really find the best

place to put them until I thought about our stairs.. They have give or take 14 steps..

so we place them on there and up we go doing the Stations of the Cross..

Just as Christ went up to Calvary.. we are so heading up on our knees..





What little love for God you have when you give in without a fight because it's not a grave sin!

-- St. Josemaria Escriva

Comments

Allison said…
Excellent plan.

I'm doing a lot of thinking....

Popular Posts