Food for Thought Friday!

I have been reading this great book by James B. Stenson (a wonderful author/speaker)..


(He has many books out that are all good)

Its a book as they put it..to help to maintain your confidence and peace of mind even during your toughest times as a parent...

He writes an understanding of the trials of parenthood and emphasizes your sacred mission as a parent and your primary responsibility:

to bring YOUR Children face to face

with

Jesus Christ.


That's alot in one sentence don't you think...again:

Its your primary responsibility to bring Your Children face to face with Jesus Christ!!


He starts chapter 2...

"Your sacred mission, the vital core of your vocation, is to light

a FIRE of love for God in heart of each of your children!

A Love of Jesus and his Church, formed from INFANCY (folks not when they are teenagers.. no..)will direct the whole course of your children's lives
AND
SAVE
Them..

I can almost quote the whole book because its just so good...

Read this..

To succeed at this mission, with GOD's never-failing help is to succeed in everything!

Going back a chapter, He asks
(take a moment think about it)

What is the motivation ideal of your vocation as parent?

What sort of men and women should your children, with God's help grow to be?

What should their lives look like by the time they reach the full flower of adulthood, before they're even out of their teens?

He goes on to explain..

If you try only to CONTROL your children, you will meet with endless hassles and frustration.

or

If you try to FORM your children to empower their consciences, minds and will for life-- you will have with God's help not merely a fighting chance to succeed but a fighting certainty!!


There is a great wealth of thought in this great book... I will share once again next week if you haven't gone out to buy that book now!


"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you says the Lord and I will restore your fortunes"..(Jer 29:11-14)


Now.. How about that for some thought?



Comments

Gardenia said…
ok, you've got ME sold. it sounds wonderful. It's now on my list. thanks for the tip.
Allison said…
He is great! I have some of his books too and I love hearing him speak at the IHM conference in Virginia in June.

You should go!!
Allison said…
Check this out.

http://rbmediainc.com/JamesStensonBooks.htm

Popular Posts