Meme

Thank you, JMJ for including me in this ...

These are the rules: Pass this on to 5 blogging friends. Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

My book: Saint Rose of Lima: The Story of the First Canonized Saint of the Americans. (This book was given to me by a great homeschooling friend, she gave it to us when she brought over dinner after the birth of babymums and its been my PrincessGirl biggest treat at bed time.)

pg. 56

"Charity! Gaspar, do you realize this is the year 1606? Rose is twenty years old and not married yet! Surely I have a right to complain when she spends hours at a time with sick Indians and Negroes. Why can't she be interested in meeting some nice young men for a change?"

"What good would that be? You know what the child told us."

A shadow crossed Maria's face. So Gaspar really believed that his daughter could never marry because she had promised herself to God at the age of five.
Passing it along to...
2. Jessica @ Shower of Roses

Comments

Laura O in AK said…
I just noticed (yesterday) that you'd tagged me. I posted and tagged 5 others (one of which already posted hers.)

Popular Posts