Our Lady of Loreto

The title Our Lady of Loreto refers to the Holy House of Loreto, the house in which Mary was born, and where the Annunciation occurred, and to an ancient statue of Our Lady which is found there. Tradition says that a band of angels scooped up the little house from the Holy Land, and transported it first to Tersato, Dalmatia in 1291, Reananti in 1294, and finally to Loreto, Italy where it has been for centuries. It was this flight that led to her patronage of people involved in aviation, and the long life of the house that has led to the patronage of builders, construction workers, etc. It is the first shrine of international renown dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, and has been known as a Marian center for centuries. Popes have always held the Shrine of Loreto in special esteem, and it is under their direct authority and protection.




Prayer to Our Lady of Loreto
I just implore your Holy Name. Help me find a house in Union of your Holy Son our Lord Jesus Christ and your Holy husband St. Joseph. For the peace and happiness that in your Holy House of Loreto, you lived there happily, by the grace and blessing that the Holy Father granted you. I implore you spiritually, to help me. I concentrate my future home. Holy Mother of Loreto grant us health, peace and happiness and help us in our lives. Just like your house was Holy and blessed by God. I ask that my future house be blessed and protected by you and by God. If you help me Holy Virgin and grant me my request (say your desire) I will make he who is my friend bless you also. Say 3-Our Fathers 3-Hail Mary's and 1-Glory Be






Comments

Nope said…
Hi how cool!!!! I will be checking it every day...looks realy good!!!
Theresa said…
Hi Ceci! Wow! I can't believe you have a blog!! You must have finally gotten that computer upgraded!LOL! Anyway, it looks great! I look forward to reading more!
Mfraser said…
Hello! I met you at the Monastery at Holy Spirit! So nice to see your Blog today! I will visit often!

F.R.O.G
Allison said…
I too will visit very often, so nice! Happy and blessed house hunting my friend. What a smart idea to pray for that under this title of Our Lady!

I bet you'll enjoy blogging. It's such a nice way to share with friends and family - It's like a scrapbook or journal for our age!

Popular Posts