Jesus Meets His Mother

Jesus Meets His Mother

Christ
Speaks My mother sees me whipped.
She sees me kicked and driven like a
beast.
She counts my every wound.
But though her soul cries out in agony,
no protest or complaint
escapes her lips
or even enters her thoughts.
She shares my martyrdom-----
and I share hers.
We hide no pain,
no sorrow,
from each other’s eyes.
This is my Father’s will
.

I reply

My Jesus, Lord,
I know what you are telling me.
To watch the pain of those we love
is harder than to bear our own.
To carry my cross after you
I, too, must stand and watch
the sufferings of my dear ones-----
the heartaches, sicknesses and grief
of those I love.
And I must let them watch mine, too.
I do believe ---
for those who love you
all things work together unto good.

Comments

Popular Posts