The Devil in Disguise


"How can we be pessimistic if Our Lord has promised that he will be with us until the end of the world?"

(cf.Matt 28:20) Escriva, In Love with the Church


Christian joy has a very special nature. It can weather the worse of storms, the darkest of moments. Christian joy can overcome any difficulty.

Think of these words during the times that our beloved Country is going to go through!

For Lent, I will start and finish reading this book that was given to me by my father few years ago. I wish that I had read it before hand, it would most likely prevent lots of pain and struggle I face now in my life!

Lukewarmness is where I am now!

Lukewarmness is a grave sickness of soul which can strike at any stage of one's interior life.

When the soul falls into lukewarmness, its vision of Christ becomes blurred. The soul loses its former clarity of purpose and the life of piety becomes an ongoing nuisance, something "that has to be done."

The Soul is saddened by the thoughts of its lost compensations. It hardly puts up a fight against temptation.

Carelessness and neglect of little things leads inevitably to serious temptations and lukewarmness.Lukewarmness makes us insensitive to the continuous invitations of the Holy Spirit.
Francis Carvajal, Lukewarmness, The Devil in Disguise


This is where I find my soul, Lukewarmness...

May God have Mercy on my Soul..

May these forty days..

Be the radical cure for lukewarmness..

The Spirit of Contrition..


Comments

Popular Posts