Treasure Tuesday

I came across this book, The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur, on Facebook and I was very interested in reading it. I have started to read it last week, and I have to force myself to put it down and tend to everything else in my life, such as kids and the house, etc. I am glad that its summer time now and less stress with the school part.

I am just in awe in this great book and the life of Elisabeth Leseur... Reading her Diary that was written 100years ago is as if she is talking to me today. What a treasure, I have found here. So I would love to share this with you. I will post every Tuesday an entry of her Diary and read and see her love for the Faith change you as it changed her husband from atheist to priest!






Septmeber 11, 1899


For a year I have been thinking and praying a great deal; I have tried unceasingly to enlighten myself, and in this perpetual labor my mind has matured, my convictions have become more profound, and my love of souls has increased, too. What is there greater than the human soul, or finer than conviction? We must create in ourselves a "new spirit," the spirit of intelligence and strength; we must renew ourselves and live our interior life with intensity. We must pray and act. Every day of our life must carry us nearer to the supreme Good and Intelligence- that is nearer to God.
Wow, how about that to start a diary!

Comments

Gardenia said…
wow. this sounds very good. she had a faith to move mountains of doubt in her husband. I must put this on my to-read list.
Jenny said…
Thank you for sharing. I have never read this book, but may have to purchase it after that introduction. I'm visiting from Totus Tuus blog. Thank you for making my visit a good one!

Popular Posts