10th year! Wow.. time goes by..

Today is the Feast Day of Immaculate Conception which is also our Wedding Anniversary. It's actually our 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Our Story.
I am not sure if I ever share it, so bare with me if you have heard it before! We met online on Ave Maria Singles Catholic. A great way to meet a very good catholic. Our first email was on July 8th, 2000 and we wrote and talk for 3 months before we met on Oct. 8th 2000 in the front steps of St.Patrick's Church in NYC.

While we were dating, I had made 2 special novena.

One was for St.Jude, the impossibles, I thought that by my age at 24, it would be impossible for me to meet my husband (well at least in Cuban time), so ask him to show me this lucky fellow. On the 9th day, my husband now, was the only male contact I had that day via email and to which we found out that we have common friends (that is besides Jesus Christ), He was close friend to a Jacob and my family was very close to Jacob's brother, Father Chris.

The second one was after we had met and yet, I wanted the final seal that this was it. I was very spoil girl back than! I did a novena to my favorite at the time, St. Theresa of Little Flower. I did her 24 days of novena, one for every year of her life. I didn't let anyone know about this novena and least my future husband. Well, you guess it, on the 24th day , when I got home from work, there were not 12 but 24 roses that my future husband had sent me.

I knew that God was watching over us and protecting us. I moved in December up north, got a great job right away and a place to live with great girl roommates.

I recall getting my wedding dress and it was true for me that the moment you put it on, you knew that was one and it was so beautiful and not overly expensive. It was just perfect!

We had a lovely day on Her Feast Day.
She has and is always watching over us these 10 years together. She is our guide, our strength and our wisdom.
We have been blessed with 6 kids and two of them are with her now, on her lap smiling down on us.

I pray that you have a Blessed Feast Day.
May Our Beautiful Mother protects you, guides you
and blesses you today and everyday of your life!




Comments

Popular Posts