Death--and Life--


" A Christian should think about death; he should serenely meditate on this truth until he is quite familiar with it; he should learn to treat death as a sister full of light and experience, who can give him sound, disinterested advice."


" Remembering death also gives us a wonderful sense of detachment, for it teaches us how to renounce the things of the earth. When we think, in the light of death, about our life and things around us, we discover the great wisdom contained in knowing how to live as someone
" who has nothing yet possesses everything" (2 Cor 6:10)."


Last Sunday, my husband was talking to his family from Mexico and was taken by quite a surprise by the story told about his only sister..

You see, the Sunday before hand.. she was traveling back home for a long trip.. a travel that isn't quite safe.. lonely roads, curves ...

The Cell phone rings... she moves to pick it up and loses control of the car..

It goes through the metal bars.. it does flips and flips in the air on the ground,

just like a ball going down a hill..

BAM..

The car lands up right..

A trooper saw the whole thing.. runs to her and helps her out of her car..

Again.. helps her out of her car..

How is that possible? No scratches.. Nothing..

The Trooper says..

"Do you believe in God? I can't believe that you survive that.. I saw it all and I was for sure thought you had die.."

She says..

"I started to pray to my Dear God to please protect me.."

"I felt that there was this great bubble around me and I felt nothing.."

I believe it was for sure her Guardian Angel hugging her tight..


"Our Life is always short, like that of a "wild flower" (Ps 102:15), the Scriptures say, and like a shadow it passes fleetingly (cf.Wis 2:5).

What use are you and I making of this short life, this little time we have to live here below? If the end came for us now, would we be satisfied with the use we had made of our time and of the gifts we received from God?


" Let us live intensely, with a holy desire to make good use of time and of all the opportunities we get to sanctify ourselves, let us try to give every minute of our life an echo of eternity."

Comments

Popular Posts